Volunteer Opportunity: Board of Directors
The Epilepsy Association of Calgary (EAC) is seeking to add talented, enthusiastic, community-minded volunteers to its Board of Directors. With a long history of serving those affected by epilepsy in Calgary and Southern Alberta, the Association is at an exciting juncture in its journey of growth and transformation. True to its origins of providing quality, community-based, client-focused services and epilepsy education, the Association has recently concluded an updated needs and service gaps assessment and is poised to introduce a suite of best-in-class programs within our community. With an encouraging network of supporters within the health care, non-profit and business sectors, EAC is working to build awareness and shift the conversation around epilepsy to one of empowerment and
EAC is seeking dedicated individuals interested in serving as general directors, or as a Secretary, on its Board of Directors. EAC is specifically seeking individuals with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Legal – General Counsel (Board Secretary),
- Finance (accounting and audit),
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
EAC is committed to ensuring the Association is equitable and inclusive at all levels, including the Board, and that there is no discrimination. As a Board we recognize and embrace the benefits of diversity (including diversity of race, gender, background and life experience, gender identity and expression, culture and disability).
Board nominations shall be made on the basis of the skills, knowledge, experience and character of individual candidates, our requirements and needs for particular skill sets, and with attention being given to the importance of diversity. EAC currently benefits from the contribution of different perspectives and experiences to Board discussions, and we understand that continuing to increase diversity on our Board will allow us to better carry out our mission to the diverse community the Association supports.
- Knowledge of Calgary and/or Southern Alberta,
- Commitment to the Association’s mission and strategic directions,
- Ability to listening to others’ points of view.
- A chance to contribute to the rebuilding of an organization that has served Calgary and area for over 65 years,
- An opportunity to network with committed, community-minded professionals from across sectors serving as Directors on our Board,
- Development and learning in the field of epilepsy and non-profit governance,
- Satisfaction of serving the estimated 32,000 people living in Southern Alberta with a diagnosis of epilepsy along with their parents and family members.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Please submit a CV and letter of introduction to email@example.com. Our search will continue until suitable candidates are found, thank you for your interest.